Is your website not generating the expected results? You generate new content but don’t get visits? The users abandon your page a few seconds after entering? Well, maybe you are just missing something.
Every company needs a webpage these days, it doesn’t matter if the company is big or small; web-sites are a window in which consumers can be in contact with their favorite products and vice-versa. A webpage is a space that allows not only expanding a brand’s presence but is also a channel to promote and sell the products and services a company or organization offers. A good webpage has a lot of traffic and this translates into big numbers and profits.
There’re a lot of comments and opinions around this subject, new tools, everyone talks about ranking first in google search, optimizing content, etc., but many companies overlook the fundamental aspect of all this; the design and characteristics your page needs to have in order to be successful. Quality content can be left in the shadow due to unattractive and ineffective design. Your webpage has to fulfil certain characteristics that are essential to increase traffic, productivity, credibility and success. These are the basic characteristics your webpage needs to have.
-User friendly; you have to make sure you have an easy to use and navigate webpage. Everything has to be understandable and simple. Make everything as obvious as possible, make your visitors enjoy the visit and stay. If everything is complicated they will just get bored and leave, no one wants to spend a lot of time trying to decipher how to navigate through a page. Make it easy for them.
-Amazing Content; this is a basic, and everyone knows it but not everyone quite understands it. Your content has to be useful and interesting, make your audience stay and always provide honest information.
-Quality in the design; first it has to look totally professional, with a neat design and logo. The colors have to match your company, if your website’s potential visitors are teens and young people try to use hip and trendy colors that get this audience attention. You can have amazing content, the best articles or sell the best product in the market but if your design does not make the user want to stay and look through your page, you won’t be able to sell anything.
– Clear Structure; the information displayed has to be well structured and be clearly introduced. One aspect to have into consideration is the position where the info is and the length, don’t make it too long because visitors tend to get tired and bored.
– Updated, simple, credible and concise information; information should be put in the simplest way possible, should be concise but should also be adequate. It’s important that it’s credible and truthful information otherwise it will not be taken seriously. Obviously has to be updated or your visitors will consider the information worthless, old and this will cause a terrible impression.
-Relevant texts; the copy has to be clearly composed, the information has to be concise but have to be relevant and explain in few words what you have to say or what you are selling.
– Few clicks; this is fundamental, the quicker and easier the better.
– Avoid bad habits; unnecessary registrations, pop-up windows, obliging to install useless software, links that don’t work, content that don’t exist, etc. These are the elements that more rejection provoke between users.
-Be social; you need a page that permits interaction, create blogs, on-line chats, questionnaires. These will make your site social and will increase traffic as well.
– Contact info; your page will gain credibility, and trust when you offer a contact number of your company.
Remember to use Google Analytics or any other tool you prefer to measure the sites traffic and this way you can see what your visitors are interested in. If you learn what your visitors want you can give it to them and have an amazing webpage.
These are the basic characteristics every decent and good website should have. The internet can make you reach people all around the globe, expand your brand or your products to places that other way would be impossible, the internet is an amazing tool if you know how to use it in your favor.
Are you tired of trying to create a website for your business? We know that your biggest concern is find a reliable, experienced firm that you can trust. Trust Simple Web Design and see what other businesses are raving about our services. And if you happen to be in Houston, Texas then schedule a meeting, if not then call our 800 number.